Marketing is all about presentation. It is this factor (among others) which acts as a ‘magnet’ of sorts, and attracts customers to buy a certain product or use a particular service.
And, most businesses nowadays will need a marketing team to effectively advertise their products or services and ‘steal the show’ from their competitors.
If you’re a considering a career as a marketing professional and you’re about to embark on the job hunt, you are no doubt aware of the importance of a resume. After all, a CV is the first thing that a recruiter sees.
Indeed, It’s the medium through which you can communicate your skills and experience to the recruiter.
Given your background in marketing, have you put any thought into how to really get your resume to stand out?
There are no shortage of websites out there offering ‘tips’ and advice when it comes to landing your dream job.
Some of the classics include:
- You should never forget giving your contact information which can include your present contact number, email address, and correspondence address.
- Your CV should have a summary which dictates the background of your professional work. Or, if you are just a novice entering the market, you would simply state your objective of applying for the job opening.
- The presentation of your experience after the summary should be in a reverse-chronological order.
- Following the experience, there is a need to provide educational background in the reverse-chronological order.
- Apart from these, you can add all the certifications that you have received including any awards or distinctions.
Every website is going to tell you these 5 basics things. Yes, they hold immense importance, but even if a CV has all these elements, it is still likely to wind up in a trash can (digital or otherwise).
Look – all of this is ‘resume 101’. What makes a resume most appealing is what we should be focusing on as job hunters.
How can you really get your resume to stand out?
O.k, so how can you change the fate of your resume?
Well, the answer is simple says a new tech upstart: through Artificial Intelligence that is incorporated into their system via their website Glever.com.
Every element has its own importance in a resume, but the most important aspect are your skills. The skills define who you are and why are you suitable for the marketing job that you are seeking. If you have them properly incorporated into the description of your work experience, you can have your resume stand out from the rest profusely.
This is where the AI comes in handy!
How to Write a Marketing Resume with AI?
To do that, you need to go to the Glever.com website and then follow the steps mentioned below.
- Click on “Create Resume”
- Select the right information from the prompt. Add your name, email, experience level and career field. You can find the “Marketing” under the Sales, Marketing & Customer Services.
- Add your work experience. You can enter the details of your previous jobs. To have the AI help you enter the right information with the right keywords, all you need to do is click on the “Customize by Skills”. The automatic sentences generated by the AI would be displayed shortly. You can select any of them based on your experience and job description.
- The same way you can add your educational background.
- As for adding the other fields, there is an option called “Add More Sections”. By clicking on that, you can add any desired section to your CV. The AI would help you in each of them.
- Once you have added all the necessary sections to your resume, you can edit the “Summary” of your professional background. By clicking on it, you would be taken to the summary prompt where AI would help you curate the most effective summary.
- You can conclude your resume by hitting the “Finish Resume”. The document can be downloaded as a pdf file. You can also give it a specific look by choosing among the many templates given.
The AI of Glever.com is not only a platform where you can create the CV of your dreams, it can also help you hunt for the job openings that are relevant to your skills and experience.
So, if you want to be inducted as a marketing professional, visit their website now!