A Higher National Diploma (HND) is basically a higher education qualification. Simply put, they are work-related programs provided by higher and further education / FE colleges across the UK and other parts of the world. Special emphasis is placed on ‘learning by doing’ and courses are specially designed to give you specific real-world skills.
An HND is thus next level up and takes roughly two years to complete full-time and three to four years when it’s part-time. An HND is the equivalent of the second year of university and the real world skills gained from a Higher National Diploma can take you directly to the workplace – more often than not they are used as a stepping-stone to a full degree.
What is the Higher National Diploma in Business Management?
The Higher National Diploma in Business Management (HND) is a carefully curated 2-year vocational program. This industry-focused program prepares students for a successful management career by helping them build a solid understanding of key business management principles, ideas, and practices. Using real-world case studies, engaging projects and group activities, you will work on real-world business situations encountered by today’s managers.
Why study HND Business Management?
In this fast-changing business environment, employers are looking for people who have the capability of finding solutions for problems efficiently. Here HND business courses will help the people with the tools to achieve this.
People who are into HND business management have career options in different fields such as accounting, banking, insurance, human resources, operations management, marketing and more.
This course focuses on progressively expanding your knowledge of majoring in business and management-it is made up of 16 complementary modules. Emphasis is put on ensuring that you are capable of applying your knowledge to relevant practical situations afterward.
The academic year for most of these programs typically consists of 3 terms of 11 weeks in duration. Please note that specific start and end date of the academic year will vary based on the institution and the intake on which you enroll. This information will be available when applications are open for each intake, so check with your university.
The timetables for both local and international students will be made available at the beginning of each term.
What will you study?
HNDs are vocational courses and can be studied in a broad range of subjects, HND courses usually last for two years
In the HND Business Management course, some mandatory modules are there for each year.
In year 1 the mandatory modules are:
- Business Challenge
- Leadership and Management
- Law, Ethics, and Sustainability
- Web & e-business
In year 2 the mandatory modules are:
- Accounting & Finance
- Marketing, Sales and Customer Management
- Business Entrepreneurship
- Integrated Project
- You need a level 3 qualification or equivalent
- GCSE Advanced level profile showing above-average performance in a relevant subject or an adequate performance in more than one GCSE subject.
- An Access to Higher Education Certificate awarded by an approved further education institution
- Please note that mature applicants who do not possess formal qualifications are expected to present a profile of achievement in the form of 2 years related work experience (paid or unpaid) and will be subject to relevant entry assessments;
- All applicants are expected to pass an Academic Interview
- You should possess proficiency in English at a standard equivalent to IELTS 5.5
- UCAS entry not available
- Exceptional entry route: It is possible that applicants who may not have the entry requirements but possess relevant experience in the sector to be granted admission.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will have strong career prospects in a wide array of business fields such as; advertising, marketing, project management, human resources, and administration to mention a few.
You will also have solid business skills to undertake different careers across various industry verticals through key roles such as Team Supervisor, Project Manager, Business Consultant, Business Development Manager or Adviser, Marketing Consultant and even more senior roles.
There are plenty of career options available with HND Business Management course, depends on people interest they have career options in corporate fields, business sectors and they may go for higher studies like MBA, MSc in Management/International Management.
Depends on the area people have different opportunities, HND Business Course London have plenty of opportunities in different fields as
- Manufacturing companies
- Service companies
- Logistics and Supply Chain Manager Financial institutions.
- Own business.
- Business Analyst.
- Operations Manager General Manager.
- Compliance Officer.
- Management Consultant.
- Human resources officer.
- Marketing executive.
- Sales executive.
Finally, a good number of students who obtain this qualification have jumped up the ladder faster within their organizations, going into better job roles and also starting their own side businesses.
For more great college tips, check out the other blogs College Basics has to offer.