See a sample HS athletic resume.
John E. Doe (“J.D.”)
100 Cross Avenue
Orlando, FL 32855
Email: JED at comcast.net
- High School: Sunny City High School, Orlando, FL
- Graduation Date: June 2004
- Accumulative GPA: 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Class Rank: 167/377
- SAT Scores: 510 Verbal; 500 Math
- College Preparatory Curriculum
- Sunny City High School Baseball Team: A perennial baseball powerhouse in the state of Florida. This high school has produced many players who have been recruited to play at the college level and have been drafted to the major league.
–Position Played: Catcher
–Participation: 2-year Varsity Starter.
- Selected to the 1st Team All-Conference Baseball team in Grade 11.
- Senior League World Series: Played catcher for the host team Orlando in this tournament. Defeated California from the West Region in the final game.
- American Legion Baseball: Selected to play during the summers of 2001-2004. Won zone championship and reached the State Semifinals. Selected as an Honorable Mention Catcher.
BASEBALL STATISTICS-2003 Season
- Hitting: Right-Handed. G-18; AB-38; R-9; H-12; .316 AVG.
- Catching: G-18; SA-9; CS-7; E-1; PB-3
- Speed: 60 yard time: 7.0 seconds Home to First: 3.6 seconds
- Personal Data: Height-6′; Weight-200 lbs. Also participated in Varsity Football and Varsity Basketball. Recruited by Div. 1A colleges in football.
COACH’S COMMENTS- Head Coach Norm Harrison
“J.D.” was our catcher for nearly every inning of every game in 2003, not because of necessity but for his leadership ability. The players respect him; he understands the game and calls a great game behind the plate. He handled a young and inexperienced pitching staff that only allowed 19 earned runs all season (Team ERA: 1.26). J.D. is a very good receiver, and has a good and accurate arm. His overall foot quickness and ball release improved dramatically between his sophomore and junior years. He is tough, rarely does a ball get by him, and never with a runner on third. Offensively, J.D. runs well and has good instincts on the bases. He batted sixth in our line-up most of the time in 2003, and is projected to bat third or fourth in 2004. We look for him to be a big run producer for us this season. J.D. has a terrific attitude and sense of humor and really works hard at the mechanics of catching, throwing, and hitting. Most importantly though, he is a leader who loves baseball.”